US NEWS

Republican Congressman Blames Trump ‘Partially’ For Ballpark Shooting

Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC) weighed in on Wednesday’s shooting at a congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, VA that resulted in Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) in critical condition at a hospital in Washington, DC.

Sanford said we were “at an inflection point” and we needed to return to civility, or wind up in a “very, very bad spot.”

“Indeed, we’re at an inflection point,” Sanford said. “There are forces at play I’ve never seen before in roughly the 20 years I’ve been involved in politics.  Joe and I came in together way back when. And it is indeed different. I think we have to watch out as a society because if we don’t watch out, civility is indeed a part of civilized government and an open political system. And if you let these forces play out, I think we end up at a very, very bad spot. I think what happened yesterday was symptomatic of it.”

He went on to blame President Donald Trump in part for the toxic climate that led to this shooting.

“[I] would argue that the president is at least in partially — not in any way totally — but partially to blame for demons that have been unleashed, whether it is what I saw at a senior center back home and people saying, ‘f-you, f-you and f-you’ to each other at a senior center, a retirement center and see each other play croquet the next day, or with what happened — not with what happened yesterday, but the fact that you know, you’ve got the top guy saying, ‘Well, I wish I could hit you in the face. And if not, why don’t you and I’ll pay your legal fees.’ That’s bizarre — we ought to call it as such.”

About The American Patriot

The American Patriot

A WWII Veteran and and political office holder, Myron has been serving his community since 1943. He continues to participate in public discourse as a political writer on several Conservative journals and news sites.

1. C Hayes

June 15, 2017 at 12:52 pm

That is BS. Hateful liberal sickos are the blame. The morals of the people of the USA have dropped so far and we are now experiencing the result of that.

• Shasha

June 15, 2017 at 12:57 pm

This is a sick puppy and should be mentally checked out.

• Patricia Dill

June 15, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Mark Sanford is not a person that knows what he is talking about why doesn’t he look at the other side that has so much hate in their hearts and don’t know the truth. We are the USA we are Americans lets just try to love and support each other instead of trying to destroy each other.

• L Bethke

June 16, 2017 at 4:04 am

I agree. To blame Trump is still passing the Nick and not taking responsibility for our own actions…Republicans and Democrats..Liberals. amd there are Republicans acting like unhappy childten. Congreddmen both parties used to be respected. But no more…the are almost all a bunch of spoiled little kids who cant get their way. So they pick and fight and blame.

• Jim

June 16, 2017 at 8:39 am

Mr Sanford why don’t you join the Democrat party you don’t support your party Presdent. Get your head out the sand and do your job and quite paying political. Hope you went go down the drain.

2. Patti

June 15, 2017 at 1:16 pm

I am speechless. I feel such anger towards this type of stupidity. He will regret his words, when he runs for office again. I hope this will not be forgotten by those with level heads.

3. Glenp

June 15, 2017 at 1:21 pm

What an A hole. Must be Linda’s buddy

4. Martha

June 15, 2017 at 1:22 pm

I don’t buy this. What about the comments Hilary has said? Bernie Sanders comments that “Trump must be taken down”, Obama’s 8 yrs of dividing the country (his Saul Alinsky’s principals)James Carville’s calling the Trump supporters the Taliban and the list goes on and on. Many Democrats have called for the marches and the resist movements. All these have created the hatred in this country and the lack of respect for law enforcement and well as the office of the president.

• Jack Gerson

June 15, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Nicely put, and it goes on daily from the Lib media, I agree that i have never seen anything like this in 60 adult years.

5. Bob Scally

June 15, 2017 at 1:34 pm

For Blame and shame, looks like it’s not going to tame anytime soon. Someone needs to re-evaluate their Security procedures as under contemporary conditions it looks like Republicans and conservatives are fair game to left wing nut cases… God forbid if it had been a Hit Squad rather than a nut case… ?

6. David brooks

June 15, 2017 at 1:36 pm

I FIND THIS VERY OFFENSIVE. THE DEMOCRATS ARE SLINGING FOUL LANGUAGE , AND AND INSTIGATING VIOLENCE. WHY BECAUSE WE ELECTED SOMEONE WHO WE WANT. NOT WHO THE LIBERALS WANT. THIS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS A MENTAL DEFECT. AND It’s NOT AMERICAN, THE MORALS HAVE SLIPPED IN THE COUNTRY BECAUSE OF THE POLITICALS MESSAGES USING THE WRONG LANGUAGE, THAT ARE AND HAVE BEEN SLUNG AROUND THE AIRWAVES FOR A LONG TIME, AND SINCE WE HAVE ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP THESE POLICITCALLY CORRECT PEOPLE HAVE GONE OFF THE DEEP END, ACTING AS CHILDREN IRRESPONSIBLE IMMATURE FOOLS. AND TO STATE IT THE WAY HE SAID IT SHOWS HE IS NOT WHAT HE SAYS HE IS.

• Dini

June 15, 2017 at 1:46 pm

You hit the nail on the head..the people who did not get their way at election time should really realize temper tantrums stopped in kindergarten. Now don’t the tantrums don’t work they are trying more and more extreme violence. The people you are trying to hurt are going to stop accepting your behavior and you will drop like flies. You point a gun I. My direction or at my friends and I will shoot you. Be very careful what you ask for..

7. Deebuck

June 15, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Sanford is a little on the goofy side. He has done some pretty strange things in the past.

8. Deebuck

June 15, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Sanford is an odd ball. He was once governorvofvSouth Carolina before he went off the steep end.

• Stone Miller

June 15, 2017 at 1:58 pm

If you need to blame someone, blame Obama. He peached hate and discourse for 8 long years. To blame the president alone is not only simplistic, it is ignoring what the left has been doing for a year and a half. I am ashamed that you are calling yourself a Republican. You might as well pack because you won’t be around long.

• Ethel Appel

June 15, 2017 at 8:49 pm

What is wrong with this guy? He sounds just like the Democrats. If I get shot in my home do I blame Trump because I voted for him and a Democrat shot me? Where is this mans brain?

9. E jaworoski

June 15, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Can’t fix stupid

10. Arthur Frank

June 15, 2017 at 2:00 pm

I blame you and Scalise more than Trump. You guys have been in politics for over 20 years and you want to blame him when you had all of that time to straighten out the country. You’re acting like the liberal fairy democrats now. Get your head out of your ass and start fixing the government and the country or are you to tired to do your job.

11. S. Phillips

June 15, 2017 at 2:09 pm

The Rep. from South Carolinian sounds like a traitor. He has no business being in Washington. I wish there was a way to rid the nay Sayers and let Trump do what he is capable of doing. I had looked forward to a different world and a happier life.

12. Robert Reno

June 15, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Another example why we need term limits these people are not living in the same World we are in today

13. Robert

June 15, 2017 at 2:11 pm

14. Mixer

June 15, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Mark Sanford needs to go get lost in the Appalachians Mountains again but this time instead of cheating on his wife and taking his mistress- he should just take himself and stay lost!!

15. Louie Moore

June 15, 2017 at 2:41 pm

AND NOW LET’S LISTEN TO MARKY POO….THE GOVERNOR THAT NO ONE KNOWS WHERE HE IS…I WOULD NOT TRUST HIM ANYMORE….HIS WIFE DID THE RIOGHT THING BY GETTING RID OF HIM…

16. myron

June 15, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Rep. Mark Sanford mother should have swallow him to blame the president for the shooting at the ball park. You should blame yourself for passing Obama care before reading it so mental people could have keep there on doctors.

17. albaby

June 15, 2017 at 4:47 pm

The face of a chronic alcohol abuser.

18. Tammy Cianferano

June 15, 2017 at 5:09 pm

I am so sick and tired of our President getting the blame for all that is going down at this time. Are you for real? He was dully elected by the people and he is an outsider to pokitics. And, that is not sitting well with the politicians or the liberal democrates. They just don’t want to admit defeat and handle it with grace. Everything that can be done to undermine President Trump and his presidency has been tried and done. It has been a witch hunt since he was elected on November 7th, 2016. This country has never been more divided. And, that is on Obama. He started destroying America and you all have continued the divide. Even amped it up. He is absolutely not to blame for the hate fueled shooting of the Republican Congressman. That man had his hate for Congress and the House Republicans as much as he did the President. And, that is on him and every other liberal that continues this absolute childish behavior because they didn’t win. Now, how about laying off the President and letting him do his job! What are you all afraid of? Is it that he might actually be successful and make America Great Again?

19. LSK

June 15, 2017 at 7:17 pm

So what he is saying is that Republican should just lay down and allow the left to do whatever they please. What a phony I hope the next election cycle he’s gone. The only way this will get solved is to keep facing it head-on and eradicate the ones that are committing the violence.

20. Charolette Constable

June 16, 2017 at 10:46 am

I do not understand why he thinks President Trump is partially to blame for the shooting. The President is in no way to blame for the shooting. The democrats are the ones who shove their hatred up everyone’s behind. They have caused so much hatred with their protests and stupidity and it is because Hillary did not win as they expected. President Trump is trying to do everything he promised he would do and I think he has been treated so unfairly since day one. I respect him and his whole family. They are intelligent and classy people. If people would leave him alone he would make our country “Great Again”. If our law enforcement would ever arrest the protesters instead of letting them burn, destroy and steal, just maybe things would quieten down. Again, President Trump is in no way at fault for the shooting. Get a grip Mr. Sanford. You should be ashamed of yourself.

21. Lisa Hawks